mike, kari, hannah & eldon

Monday, June 8, 2009

I've been dreading today for the past couple weeks. Hannah's 2 month check up. As we expected, she's doing very well. She's in the 35% for weight and 75% for height... tall and skinny blue-eyed beauty! Unfortunatly she had to get all those painful shots. It was a horrible feeling holding her down on that paper covered table while TWO nurses gave her shots at the same time and then "just a quick one" after that.

I've gotten pretty good and knowing what her cries mean...there's "mama, I'm hungry" "I'm bored" "I'm poopy and uncomfortable" "Help mama, I'm falling off the pillow" But today, I heard "owie mama, I'm in pain" for the first time. And those tears and screams melted my heart as I fought back my own tears. Now I really know that parents mean it when they say they'd trade places and take the pain for their children.

Somehow even the sparkly bandaid didn't make it anybetter!



0 comments: