mike, kari, hannah & eldon
Sunday, June 28, 2009
We didn't get a full body shot because Hannah wasn't in a very happy mood tonight. We'll have to take one in the morning!
At three months you:
-wear all 3-6 month clothes
- weigh just over 10 lbs and are 25 inches long... tall and skinny!
- "talk" all the time
- sleep through the whole night 9pm - 6am-ish
- once in awhile you'll giggle at your dad and when you're really happy you stiffen your arms out and kick your legs
- definitely know who your mama and daddy are... you watch us walk around the house and are just starting to notice Luke, the dog.
-love to go shopping and just look at all of the fun things
- your favorite thing to do is sit in your bouncy seat and watch TV... it keeps you occupied while Mom makes dinner
- LOVE to be outside
You don't like:
- being hot
- to lay down when you're awake, you want to be sitting up looking around
New places you've been:
- to work with mom
- spending Fridays with Grandma Rosenberger and even spending another night there
- open houses to meet more family and friends
-to the cabin (didn't work out so hot though!)
In the past few weeks Hannah has become more "independent". She doesn't always have to be held and can entertain herself in her bouncy seat. She's developing her own personality of sorts...such a happy baby almost all the time!
Monday, June 8, 2009
I've been dreading today for the past couple weeks. Hannah's 2 month check up. As we expected, she's doing very well. She's in the 35% for weight and 75% for height... tall and skinny blue-eyed beauty! Unfortunatly she had to get all those painful shots. It was a horrible feeling holding her down on that paper covered table while TWO nurses gave her shots at the same time and then "just a quick one" after that.
I've gotten pretty good and knowing what her cries mean...there's "mama, I'm hungry" "I'm bored" "I'm poopy and uncomfortable" "Help mama, I'm falling off the pillow" But today, I heard "owie mama, I'm in pain" for the first time. And those tears and screams melted my heart as I fought back my own tears. Now I really know that parents mean it when they say they'd trade places and take the pain for their children.
Somehow even the sparkly bandaid didn't make it anybetter!
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Hannah is finally starting to like her bath. This was the first time she was in the big girl bathtub without the sling. She likes to kick her feet and splash!
Today, Mike was playing with her and she started laughing. It's the first time we've heard her funny little laugh! She was cracking up which was making us laugh and smile at her, which made her laugh even harder. It was so much fun! I'm so thankful she's such a happy baby!